Introduction and brief history
The roots of the existence and work of this school date from the distant 1945/1946 school year, when with its educational activities the school starts profiles for Medical nurses, and later in the school year 1947/1948, the Schools of pharmaceutical, sanitary and dentist technicians were started. In the year 1972/1973 these schools are being integrated into one, single educational institution – Medical School Centre, which bears the name of the monumental person of the medical sciences and one of the founders of the medical faculty in Skopje, D-r Pance Karagjozov.
The then newly created institution starts the educational process in the new facilities, on 13.11.1973, into a single building that encompasses the educational profiles: medical nurse, dental technician, pharmaceutical technician, medical laboratory technician, gynecological-obstetrical technician, dental nurses and physiotherapeutic technicians.
The teaching process is carried out in classrooms and laboratories inside the school, as well as at educational-scientific facilities outside the school (clinics, polyclinics, dispensaries, rehabilitation facilities and outpatient’s departments) at the territory of the city of Skopje. During the teaching process, students acquire the necessary theoretical knowledge, as well as practical skills for active participation in the process of primary, secondary and tertiary health care.
Following the maxima “Scientia est potentia, valetudo bonum optimum”, our school strives towards applying the most up-to-date standards for students’ education as well as their development into complete individuals, ready to face with the challenges of the modern time and labor market requirements. This is going to continue being an ongoing active subject during the educational process, thus creating an appealing school environment for each student.
The mission of D-r Pance Karagjozov High School is to:
D-r Pance Karagjozov - Life and career
D-r Pance Karagjozov was born on 18.07.1903 in Novo Selo, Stip. He graduated medical faculty in Graz (Austria) and up to 1929 he has worked with the world-famous professors Dr. Shlesinger and Dr. Wilhemkel in Vienna. He spent 1929 and 1930 working with Prof. Dr. Oton Getz in Erlanger (Germany), who recommended him to specialize in surgical disorders. After serving the Army in the Military Hospital in Skopje, in 1931, he goes to Belgrade to specialize under the mentorship of Dr. Kostich, where he has met with, at that time leading, surgical procedures, devoting himself to surgical diagnostics especially at urgent surgical patients. On 30.12.1936 he has been awarded a certificate for independent work as a surgeon, and in 1937 he was appointed as an assistant chief of the Surgical Department in Bitola. From 1945 to 1947 he was manager of this department. On 17.03.1947 the Medical faculty was established, and one of the founders was D-r Pance Karagjozov. Furthermore, he also has the credits for establishing the Department of Surgical Stomatology as an independent medical facility in 1948. Also, he helped establishing a surgical department in Stip in 1952. He had a particular contribution in the National Liberation War by educating medical staff. In addition, Dr. Pance Karagjozov was one of the first professors for surgical diseases in the nursing school in the school years 1947/48, 1948/49, 1949/50. Being one of the pioneers of Macedonian surgery, he has been sent to Stockholm for a study stay and improvement, with the focus in neurosurgery under the mentorship of Dr. Oliver Krom; and later on in Copenhagen with Dr. Edward Bush. After that, he also has spent a specialization stay in Zürich and Munich. In the 50’s he has been appointed to several managing positions – chief of the Traumatology department (established due to his efforts), than as a manager of Surgical Clinic, and Deputy Director during the absence of Dr. Oberhorfer. Despite the fact that he had a heart attack in 1954, he still continued to work relentlessly until his early death in 1971.
As I already mentioned, as a part of the school there is a girls’ dormitory, with a capacity of 110 places. It meets the needs for accommodation & food services /// Also it offers a variety of cultural and entertainment activities
Valetudo bonum optimum.